Cooking with Insects
There is nothing better than having a healthy appetizer such as avocado salad before your grand meal. Hiso could make your salad even more original and enjoyable with crispy roasted insects on the top! What are you waiting for!?
- 2 avocados – peel, pitted and diced
- 1 sweet onion – chopped
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 large tomato – chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ lime – juiced
- Salt and pepper – as you like
- In the medium bowl, combine avocados, onion, bell pepper, tomato, cilantro and lime juice. Gently toss until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper. Finalise with a sprinkle of Hiso cheese on top!
Insect puff pastry with Italian flavor
You invite your friends and would like to introduce them to entomophagy?
Suggest puff pastry with Italian flavors!
The emphasis on familiar tastes: parmesan & basil, will quickly make your guests forget the rest of the ingredients!
- 60 g fresh basil
- 70 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 25 cl of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 30 g of pine nuts
- 70 g of insects (crickets, grasshoppers or worms)
- 250 g puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 180 °
- In a blender, insert the fresh basil, parmesan, olive oil, peeled cloves of garlic, pine nuts and insects => the pesto is ready.
- Unroll the puff pastry and spread over the surface of the prepared pesto.
- Roll the dough tightly. Cut the resulting roll into slices about 2 cm wide.
Arrange the slices on parchment paper and paint them with egg yolk (with a kitchen brush)
Put in the oven for 10 minutes.
Even better serve hot!
Mini chocolate forest and its perched crickets
Discover the delicious evening cakes decorated with delicious edible insects!
Let’s start with “The mini chocolate forest and its perched cricket”! A special Crickeat recipe!
- 30 g dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 60 g flour
- 20 g butter
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (Th 7)
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a saucepan.
- Beat the egg and add the melted chocolate. Once mixed, add the flour.
- Pour the preparation to 2/3 in the silicone mini-cake molds.
- Bake for 8 minutes!
- Last but not least: Apply a cricket on each of the mini forests!
It’s ready! Enjoy!
Thai Jeao Sading (Crickets chili paste in Thai style)
- 20 g of crickets
- Green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 3 shallots
- 1 large garlic head
- 1 lime
- Nuoc mam
- Salt, sugar
- Heat the crickets on low heat (in a frying pan or oven) until crisp.
- Wash the vegetables. Peel the shallots and the garlic, and then grill everything until their skin becomes well toasted.
- Grill the green peppers and red pepper over low heat until the skin can peel off easily. Peel them, then cut them into small pieces.
- Place the shallots and garlic in a mortar, then crush them with pestle. Homogenize the whole then add the peppers and peppers.
- Pour the roasted crickets, and with a spoon add a few drops of pressed lemons, Nuoc-mâm, a pinch of sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Decorate with a leaf of cilantro or chives. Then serve with meat, grilled fish or garden vegetables with plain or sticky rice.